Thursday, November 5, 2009

November 2 - Bird Ornaments

Today I made Bird Ornies out of scrapbook paper for an exchange I am in. They turned out so great! I want to make a whole tree with these ornies!

You need two kinds of paper, chipboard, glitter, and ribbon.
I used a clip art program and found a bird body I liked.
Trace your body pattern onto chipboard and trace it on one of the papers too. Glue them to the chip board and then cut a slit in the middle of the bird about 1/2 down from the top of the back of the bird body.
Punch holes along the edge and cut the edge with fancy scissors. Then accordian fold the 6 inch square paper and stick it through the slit for wings.
Then I added ribbon, glitter, etc to embellish - I always feel like I am about in the 2nd grade when I glitter - I love it!
Here are a couple of the finished ones:

No comments:

Please Come and Visit!

If you are a gardener - please visit my Gardening Ro om at Buckets of Gardening Ideas
See you next Fall!