Sunday, December 13, 2009

Vintage Tree

This Tree's Hint - If you do an era tree - study out the time period to duplicate it. I used a fake tree for several years and it just didn't quite look right, when I added a real tree and ice scicles it became resplendant!
I have tried to do this tree as original as possible. I love this tree. It is like a blast from my childhood! I have any toys from our childhood as part of the skirt. There are ice scicles, bubble lights and a live tree. It sparkles more than any other tree in the house! I didn't use the old lights however because of their fire hazard. It smells and looks wonderful! All the ornies are from 50's and back. The oldest I have is a tin star that dates about 1910.

Every ornament on this tree is amazing - here are a few that were my grandmothers. The elf is from my childhood.Here are the tin star ornaments.

I love all the shapes of the vintage ornaments....there are a few birds too! All my grandmother's.

A few of the toys that make up the tree skirt - with a splash of cotton batting - all tree's in the 50's had this!

No comments:

Please Come and Visit!

If you are a gardener - please visit my Gardening Ro om at Buckets of Gardening Ideas
See you next Fall!