Sunday, December 13, 2009

My New Blue Tree in the Library

This Tree's Hint - Fil in a sparse tree with anything that goes with the color or theme.
I found some blue ornies at a garage sale this summer and the mood has been with me since, I had to create a blue tree.

Topper

I don't have a topper yet - I have been sick and it has been subzero, so I haven't been able to go and get ribbon to make something, like I said I don't have much blue!
Filler
I had some creative twist that is that old irridescent kind that a friend gave me, leftover from a wedding. I stuffed it in the middle of this tree. The effect is breathtaking! I tried to get a good picture to show you.

Ornaments

I don't have alot of blue ornaments, particularly this color of blue, so I made a few birds, snowflakes, glitter balls and gathered some old craft items that were the right color and started creating.

A friend of mine gave me this nativity ornament last year and it has a bit of a blue tint - it is perfect!

Tree Skirt

The Tree skirt is just blue net - I had just the right shade leftover from one of our daughters weddings.

No comments:

Please Come and Visit!

If you are a gardener - please visit my Gardening Ro om at Buckets of Gardening Ideas
See you next Fall!