Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Mom Hankie Ornament


I just finished my first hankie ornament. It was a little tricky because I didn't know what I was doing. This hanky was my mom's. There is a small tag and picture on the back you can't see that identifies it. It is beautiful. I tied it with pastel teal lace, shaggy yarn and see through ribbon. Then added silver ribbon and pearl netting to it. WOO HOO. I am excited to do the rest of the hankies of my grandmothers and my husbands grandmothers. I have 12 in all.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

Thank you so very much for getting me in the Holiday spirit with this lovely blog and pretty music.

Also, I so appreciate the fact you have my blog listed on your blog since lots of people are jumping over to see what I have to say!

Thanks again,

Cathy

Barbara Jean said...

I love how you have used things of your grandparents and Mom's to do ornaments. What great ideas you have, so creative!! I'm just wish I had some of those things from my grandparents.
Love the hanky ornies.
Thanks for hsaring.
Barbara Jean

Please Come and Visit!

If you are a gardener - please visit my Gardening Ro om at Buckets of Gardening Ideas
See you next Fall!