Monday, November 24, 2008

Santa Tree

This tree is in our dining/family room area. I have a bunch of Santa's, Santa tins, Santa dolls, etc. because I have my mom's stuff, gifts and finding some I love turned it into a huge collection. I put some on the shelf above the couch and put the rest on the tree, in the tree and under the tree. Before the display seemed almost like I was at a store and I didn't like that. When I added this tree and incorporated the signs etc into it, it made the Santa's fun again. Close up view of some of the ornaments.

Little Santa house tucked in the branches.
I like to tuck something vintage inside the branches, kind of like a little secret.
I was talking to a friend, Susan and she tucks fairies in all of her tree's too.

This is the symbolism of Santa and what he means.

This is the tree skirt from one side.
This Santa is one of our favorite Santa's. When I get him out the kids are so excited to see him again...they say this tree isn't finished until this Silly Sitty Santa is out and either in the tree or sitting close, he is a big part of our Christmas Celebration!

2 comments:

Coco said...

I love the Santa Tree, it is probably my favorite thus far.

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

I collect Santa s so this is up on my favorites! Hugs, Bobbi Jo

Please Come and Visit!

If you are a gardener - please visit my Gardening Ro om at Buckets of Gardening Ideas
See you next Fall!