Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Closing Down for 2009 - See you in early September 2010


It is time to say good bye for another Christmas season.

This year was a little hectic because of sickness at our house. I didn't get everything done like I had planned and my blog showed that - I am sorry!

I already have plans for Christmas 2010 and I am excited to share that with you early next fall.

For now here is a note I sent someone who asked me about my storage system for my Christmas decorations:

I took a class that suggested having an inventory of your Christmas things so when you are planning etc you know what you have.
So after a lot f thought I figured out one that works for me.
When I put things away last year I incorporated it and this is the year I am seeing the results.
This is how I did it - you can take from it what works for you.

I have about 20 tree's so I have containers for those tree's.
They are assigned a nuimber
1 - White tree
2 - Woodland Tree
3 - Peppermint Tree etc.

Then each room was given a number
100 - Living Room
200 - Kitchen
300 - Dining etc
Some of those rooms have more boxes so I added 01, 02, 03 etc to the number
101, 102, 103 etc.
I know that every 100 numbered box is for the living room.

When I started decorating I pulled out the 700 numbers because those are for the master bedroom and left all the other containers alone....it was amazing!

The reason I went with the "100's" system is it allows me to add containers for each room if needs be. I started out just numbering them and for example I had a box 9 for the living room and when I added soemthing number 21 would also be for the living room and it was still pretty chaotic.

I also have a main list on the computer and made a copy to put in my my Notebook.
It sounds like a bit of work, but it is so worth it!

Have a great year! I will see you in about September of 2010!
Paula

1 comment:

Joy Burkhart said...

Excellent idea! I wish I could be as organized as you are! Christmas is my favorite time of year, not just because of the wonderful decorations, music, snow, etc, but because our Lord was born! Thanks for your super blog!

Please Come and Visit!

If you are a gardener - please visit my Gardening Ro om at Buckets of Gardening Ideas
See you next Fall!